Re: Initrd

Never mind about why not remove it - a little research and I've got the
answer - it's a bad idea because without initrd I can't mount
filesystems automatically.
Also, stripping hal only works after the first boot - before that and it
just doesn't work - perhaps skipping some of the clean up steps in
chroot build phase would allow me to take it out again...

As always, advice and abuse are wecome - as long there is a a valid
point to be made.
David