Re: Live Media

On Mittwoch 18 Februar 2009, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > I don't fully understand your point yet. Most of the bandwidth will be
> > consumed by downloading prepared images.
>
> Sure, but uploading images in the size order of ~1GB to anywhere takes
> time and bandwidth. In particular, SourceForge is a terrible enterprise
> and I would not like to rely on their services nor have a project
> affiliated with them.

Point taken. Having a build server at an ISP only makes sense if there is a
sponsor to provide the bandwidth for user downloads.

> Incidentally, it does not seem like there are any plans to make SUSE
> Studio free software (in fact, almost the reverse):
>
>   http://codepad.org/OTrc2e8E

I see. Well. I guess they are looking for ways to get money out of their
investment. We will most likely see netbook manufacturers buy instances of
their service and produce images.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany