Multiple users again

There was a question on multiple users on this list.
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2008/09/msg00082.html

However, when I tried it now on lenny, it fails to boot just after cron starts.
Error messages say,

Starting periodic command scheduler: crond.
INIT: ID "1" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues
INIT: ID "2" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues
INIT: ID "3" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues
INIT: ID "4" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues
INIT: ID "5" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues
INIT: ID "6" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minues

To my understanding, /etc/{passwd,group,shadow} are created dynamically
by initramfs during the starting up process. Is it possible to prohibit this
functionality, so as to see the original /etc/{passwd,group,shadow} which is
not on cow?

I'm trying to build cluster machine on debian-live, (or PellicanHPC).
I'm using plain filesystem instead of squashfs, then able to dynamically add
packages on the server node(=frontend node) and see them on the client node
(=compute node).
I would like to do as the same to the user management. What I want to do is to
issue adduser command on the server node, then able to see on the client node.

---
	Takeshi Kobayakawa