Re: FTWCA storing config/ in VCS

Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@kerlabs.com> (23/01/2009):
> Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> (16/01/2009):
> > I've improved this, the way config.cfg is handled is:
> >
> >   * if config.cfg is executed, its output is taken as extra arguments.
> >
> >   * if config.cfg is not executable, but it's readable, its content
> >     is taken as arguments.
>
> Thanks for that…
>
> but not for c10b6c741f1d11ff7eb8ede287bc7feb1772cb45's log message. :p

Furthermore, that looks quite broken:
| cyril@exoticus:~/hack/interne/deliker.git$ rm */* 2>/dev/null ; LANG=C lh_config
| P: Considering defaults defined in /etc/default/live-helper
| lh_config: unrecognized option `--categories foo bar '
| cyril@exoticus:~/hack/interne/deliker.git$ rm */* 2>/dev/null ; LANG=C lh_config
| P: Considering defaults defined in /etc/default/live-helper
| lh_config: unrecognized option `--categories "foo bar" '

With non-exec config.cfg:
| --categories foo bar
or
| --categories "foo bar"
or
| --categories 'foo bar'

Ditto for an exec config.cfg which does:
| cat <<EOF
| --categories foo bar
| EOF
and friends.

Ditto for a single echo:
| echo --iso-publisher 'Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@kerlabs.com>'
gives:
| lh_config: unrecognized option `--iso-publisher Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@kerlabs.com> '

As Juergen says, escaping in various ways didn't help, but I guess at
least the following bit should be reverted (though it doesn't address
the problem Juergen initially mentioned):
| -Local_arguments ${EXTRA_ARGUMENTS} "${@}"
| +Local_arguments "${EXTRA_ARGUMENTS} ${@}"

Cheers,
--