Re: gnome-orca

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 03:57:33PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:

[...]

> speaking about gnome-desktop flavour, the reason why it's no there is
> that the gnome-desktop task in tasksel is not installing it. and for the
> time being, the prebuild -desktop images are strictly oriented at the
> package selection tasksel is doing.

Yeah, but the task gnome-desktop installs the package
gnome-desktop-environment, which in turn recommends
gnome-accessibility, which in turn depends on gnome-orca. So a fresh
install "with Recommends" would install gnome-orca. Now, earlier in
this thread, Chris Lamb, explained that:

> b) gnome-orca would have been installed (see 'a') via a Recommends
> relation, but turned those off for large desktop environments (so they
> can fit onto a CD).

However, I tried to build a debian-live CD with gnome-accessibility
included and it fitted the CD. To summarize, there seem to be no
argument in favor of not including gnome-accessibility since:

1) it would be installed with the gnome-desktop task
2) the debian-live gnome-desktop flavour with gnome-accessibility fits
   on a CD.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?