Re: some more patches for the live-bottom scripts

Hi

> Since I know for sure that you know that I'm in NYC for three weeks
> vacations, this makes it even more pointless ping after 48 hours.

I know that you know that I know that you are in NYC. :-) I just thought that
you may not be the only one who can review and merge patches for Debian Live.
Are you?

> Pinging about unmerged stuff is imho appropriate after a week without
> answer

Sorry, I didn't want to give the impression of being impatient, I was rather a
little unsure if I am doing the right thing. And because I promised not to
harass you in your vacation, I just asked on the list.

> -if ! grep "${USERNAME}" /root/etc/passwd
> +if ! grep "${USERNAME}" /root/etc/passwd >/dev/null
>
> this should be grep -qs instead.

Sorry again if this question sounds a little moronic: Are you now changing the
script with grep -qs or do you want me to send a corrected patch?

> if you want completely silent bootup, use one of the bootsplashes available.

I tried splashy but, unfortunately, on my EeePC 900 I got an error message
about a non-supported video mode at startup. This is the stuff that scares
teachers and students away, you know. Maybe this is just a config thing, but
I did not have time to dig deeper. Is there a bootsplash solution (software +
config) available that works "almost everywhere"?

Regards

Ronny