building in a ssfs-mounted directory

Hi list!

I'm trying to build for powerpc, and the powerpc hardware I have has
not enough free diskspace. So I thought I could use sshfs to get
access to more diskspace for the build.

However, I get the following error message:

mknod: `/root/mnt/foo/.debian-live-powerpc/debian-live/chroot/test-dev-null': Operation not permitted
E: Cannot install into target '/root/mnt/foo/.debian-live-powerpc/debian-live/chroot' mounted with noexec or nodev

When the filesystem was mounted with sshfs I used the options below:

sshfs -o dev,suid,exec -p 10002 bar@127.0.0.1: mnt/foo

I thought the "dev" option would be enough here, but it does'nt seem
like it.

Any hints on what I could try next?

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>