Re: Next Debian Live Lenny Beta/RC release?

BALLABIO GERARDO wrote:
> Hi,
> may I ask when are new builds of the Lenny LiveCD expected?

first of all: all my fault, i apologize, had too much of other things to
do and didn't wanted to release beta2 before some particular things are
fixed. it will hopefully be fixed by releasing beta2 earliest on thusday
evening/night, and at latest on saturday.

> For the Gnome flavor, may I suggest to remove openoffice.org. This is more than enough to bring the size of the image under 700 MB (on a rough counting I estimated its total size as >60 MB) and it isn't a Gnome package, and it isn't included in the Xfce and KDE images either. Actually I wonder how it got pulled in, because while I didn't dig deeply into the dependency tree, Gnome doesn't seem to require it.

it's not gnome or kde, but gnome-desktop and kde-desktop, which referes
not to the meta-packages, but to the tasks. and there, openoffice.org is
included. i personally think that we should not drop openoffice.org per
se, it's a major selling point - roughly half of all debian system that
report their package selection through popcon have it installed.