Science live DVD

There has been some interest in the past in a science live
DVD, and a USB key version would also presumably be useful.

Is it really as simple as adding the science metapackages[1]
to /usr/share/live-helper/lists?

I'm currently stuck on getting apt-get to use the packages mounted on
my filesystem instead of downloading everything from the mirror[2].

Chris

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/debian-science.html

[2] I have the first two dvd images loopback mounted - I don't have
enough space for a mirror. AFAICT, the problem is that the images are
not signed. I'm happy to download some packages, but don't want to
download everything.