RE: memdisk with debian live

-----Original Message-----
From: tomas@tuxteam.de [mailto:tomas@tuxteam.de]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:47 AM
To: Alex Dommasch
Cc: debian-live@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: memdisk with debian live

> [... lots of useful info...]

> What is your original reason for using memdisk? Things should work
> directly off USB, no?

> Regards

> [2] Just "burn" a live system to an USB stick and have a look at that
> stick (from Windows, it is a normal DOS file system on it). Under the
> directory /live you'll find all those parts.

Thanks for the helpful hints.  I was aiming for the minimal toolset to
get me going.  I was under the impression that linux wouldn't boot
directly off a FAT filesystem, but I liked the idea of being able to
look at (and play with) the USB stick under windows.  But now I'll take
the next step of trying to put the image directly onto the stick - just
one more thing to learn how to do (but not a bad thing!).

Alex Dommasch