Re: problems with resolv.conf - nameserver

On Thursday 09 October 2008, 08:42:30, Marco Lechner wrote:

> during the building of several workshop-images for the fossgis2008
> (http://fossgis.osgeo.net) we ran into a problem with resolv.conf. This
> problem still occurs using live-helper (testing):
> During the buildprocess /etc/resolv.conf from the buildmachine is used
> to get necessary access to the repositories. The readybuild liveimage
> still has this resolv.conf in /etc and therefore the liveimages only
> work in the network-environment of the buildmachine.
> What should the live-helper tools do when they say "deconfiguring file
> /etc/resolv.conf" because this doesn't seem to happen.

This problem is known, but please fill a bug request for it using the BTS.

> How can I fix this problem?

While this remain unfixed*, I use this sequence instead of just lh_build (in a
Makefile, but the sequence could be obviously valid also outside it):

- ---- -
binary.iso:
        su-to-root -c lh_bootstrap
        su-to-root -c lh_chroot
        su-to-root -c "cp -a
override_config/chroot_local-includes/etc/resolv.conf chroot/etc"
        su-to-root -c lh_binary
--- - ---

*Lazyness disclaimer: I'm looking to fix live-initramfs bugs in my spare time,
for this I just used a simple work-around as you saw :-)
--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.