Re: Building and using Debian Live

Thanks Marco for answering all my other questions.

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:03:05 +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:

>> - Slax has a pair of command, active/deactive, to add or remove
>> optional
>>   compressed filesystems into root aufs on the fly. Is there similar
>>   capability in Debian Live as well?
>
> Not yet, but if slax uses aufs this tool could be ported directly.

Yes, slax uses aufs, and we can port it directly, but let's call it
something else, because active/deactive are just way to common terms for
people to search for help.

One capability of active/deactive I don't know if we can port in the
first phase is that, if the compressed filesystem contains installed
packages, the "active" script makes sure that the post-install code are
executed for all the contained packages, and their libs are visible.

cheers

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/