Re: Building and using Debian Live

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 23:20:50 +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:

>> - Is it possible to do my own debootstrap, do my own customizations to
>> it, then use the live-helper scripts to build an bootable iso out of
>> it?
>
> It is possible, but it is not really recommended or supported. However,
> you may wish to look at (and possibly extend) the behaviour of the
> LH_BOOTSTRAP_FLAVOUR option when set to "copy".
>
> Alternatively, you could use the "minimal" bootstrap and add your own
> customisations in a constructivst manner.
>
> I'm not really sure what to suggest. As general advice, it is usually
> best if you give an overview of what you want to achieve rather than a
> specific sub-goal.

Hi,

thank you all for all the replies.

There is a tool called grml-debootstrap that I have been using for a
while and am quite used to it. I'm just too lazy to learn something new,
especially it is a complected tool, and under active development.

I understand that it would not be supported, but hope, after all, the
last step, which builds an iso out of a chroot system, can be more open
to other well built chroot systems.

thank for all other comments as well, guess I've got more reading to
do...

cheers

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)