Re: Default user now UID 1000 instead of 999?

On Wed, Oct  1, 2008 at 11:18:53 +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:

> Ok, but useradd should chown them when the user is created at runtime. Do you
> see wrong uid in the RUNNING system?

I'm talking about the files in /etc, not the ones in /home.  That is,
/etc itself, /etc/skel, and all the files under that on the cd have my
uid from the system where I built the cd, which is pretty weird IMO.

> If this is the case then it is a live-initramfs related bug.
>
> Anyway, lh_chroot_local-includes should not change permissions IMHO, you
> should change them with a l-h's hook and not for your use case.

I'm not talking about changing permissions, I'm talking about changing
ownership, because uids on the live system and on the host are
unrelated, so preserving ownership doesn't make any sense as far as I
can tell.

Cheers,
Julien