Debian Live Lenny Beta1

Ian Jackson wrote:
>>   * The rescue flavour, containing system rescue and forensic related
>>     packages, is missing in this beta release.
>
> What is the problem here and can I help ?

two things:

I feelt that the rescue package list is not really 'complete' yet, as a
resulting image can/should use the full cdrom size (with reasonable
packages though, not random junk :).

Additionally, having to do yet another *initial* upload for another
flavour would have cost me like another half of a day delay in getting
the release out. I plan to upload new snapshots beginning next week,
these should be syncing quite fast now, thanks to rsync, so that the
additional rescue flavour should be present from then on.

Since there are a lot of
rescue/forensic/backup/security/network-diagnose like packages in debian
which nobody can all know, the most appreciated thing would be to get
additions/updates for the following file in the live-helper sources to
make it as good as possible:

http://git.debian.net/?p=live-helper.git;a=blob;f=lists/rescue

Regards,
Daniel