live-initramfs ISO-8859-x

Chris Lamb wrote:

> What the manpage doesn't say is that only UTF-8 locales from i18n/SUPPORTED
> are accepted, meaning that Mayer's request at boot time for
> hu_HU.ISO-8859-2 codepage will be rejected and will be given en_US.UTF-8
> instead.

What was confusing me was that "hu_HU.ISO-8859-2" isn't actually valid LANG
setting (whilst LANG="hu_HU" with a codepage of ISO-8859-2 is). Anyway, fixed
in live-initramfs Git:

:    Rework locale handling
:
:     * Support all codepages, not just UTF-8 ones.
:
:     * Although UTF-8 variants are still preferred, specifying an invalid
:       codepage as an extension to a known language will not necessarily
:       result in en_US.UTF-8 being chosen - it will try and use an
:       alternate.
:
:     * Fixes an issue whereby an unknown locale would end up as a blank
:       "language" in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc instead of en_US.

Regards,

Chris Lamb, UK                                       chris at chris-lamb.co.uk
                                                            GPG: 0x634F9A20