No subject

y dd the image to the flash the partition table would have been overwritten=
 which in turn would be incorrect for my compact flash as it would have dif=
ferent block sizes. I am going out on a limb and will no doubt get shot dow=
n in flames=2C so please excuse me ignorance if the above is wrong (i suspe=
ct it is!).
=20
So then i tried to bypass this and:
=20
I mount the debian live image with:
mount -o loop=2Coffset=3D512 binary.img /mnt/deblive/
=20
Load the bootsector of syslinux:
dd if=3D/usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin of=3D/dev/sdb bs=3D512 count=3D1Make a 12=
8MB fat16 parition (made with parted) on sdb1=2C set it bootable
=20
I then mount /dev/sdb1 and copy all files recursively:
mnt /dev/sdb1 /mnt/cf
cp -r /mnt/deblive/* /mnt/cf/
umount /dev/sdb1
=20
Is there any way that the device can be given to the lh_build scripts or in=
 configuration to use a physical device ad write to it direct rather than c=
reating the image file?
=20
Please excuse me if its in the FAQ i have looked but my head isnt quite thi=
nking straight after playing with this all day.
=20
Many thanks in advance=2C
=20
Chris
Make a mini you on Windows Live Messenger!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571437/direct/01/=

--_2e5ab1cf-35cd-42fd-a1cd-c39042b8fdbe_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
ng lh_build and as per the Wiki&nbsp=3BI 'dd' it to /dev/sdb. All is well a=
nd the compact flash boots=2C however it soon starts chucking up a load of =
errors of file seeks outside of the physical dimensions of the disk in /var=
/log/messages:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Aug&nbsp=3B 9 08:11:55 debian40server kernel: attempt to access beyond end =
of device<BR>Aug&nbsp=3B 9 08:11:55 debian40server kernel: sdb1: rw=3D0=2C =
want=3D263536=2C limit=3D212991<BR><BR>