DebianLive and X

I recently created a DebianLive hard drive image following the
directions. All went well. I boot it using Qemu and it boot fine. I
wrote the image to a compact flash card and tried booting another
computer with it and I'm having a problem. It boots fine up until it
tries to start X. That's when I get a single row of questions marks.
If I press enter several times, I can scroll through the last few
messages. Has anyone seen this before? The computer is Epia ME6000.

Thanks,
-Chris