udev hook causes error in mkinitramfs

El Wednesday 16 July 2008 12:38:39 Daniel Baumann va escriure:
> Jordi Pujol wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
> > when the live-initramfs hook has copied the udevsettle file and after the
> > udev hook tries to do the same, then mkinitramfs ends with an error.
> >
> > A bug is submitted to udev, and a solution is suggested.
>
> I think this is not required anymore with this:
> http://git.debian.net/?p=live-initramfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=249a3f585f61de13
>7585b19defc186a59095f31a;hp=1ecf99578d4bb77f23ef03c58aa49d0c3a632716

Yes, this would be able to solve the problem with live-initramfs.

but if any other hook copies the udevsettle file before that udev, the problem
is not solved yet.

in the more purist line, is not correct that udev creates links to files when
initramfs-tools will replace all links by their corresponding files.
Should be initramfs-tools who copies correctly the files and creates links
when necessary;
In the same form that does my version of initramfs-tools that I am using at
present.

To be more generalistic, the initramfs hooks only should specify what programs
they want to include, and initramfs-tools is in charge of organizing all the
rest.