networking config being overwritten at startup

Hi,

I'm trying to build a live cd for a system with several interfaces and
with other custom settings in it's /etc/network/interfaces file, I'm
using live-helper built from git and building a system based on etch.
The problem is that when I boot the cd the /etc/network/interfaces file
is not my custom one, it only lists lo, eth0 and the system has only
brought those interfaces up.

I have added the custom /etc/network/interfaces file into
config/chroot_local-includes and when I build the system I've enabled
verbose output, debugging and interactivity. When I get the interactive
prompt during the build of the system I can see that my
/etc/network/interfaces file is the one which I have added and has not
been altered, I did for a while think that this may have been the cause
of my problem:

mksquashfs: file chroot/etc/network/interfaces, uncompressed size 367
bytes DUPLICATE

i.e. the duplicate file might have overwritten my one (assuming the
duplicate status is just going by filename).

However after uncompressing and inspecting the squashfs file system in
binary/casper (and just to make sure I also checked the
filesystem.squashfs that is in the fully generated iso) I have found
that the etc/network/interfaces file is my custom one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what might be
overwriting the /etc/network/interfaces file from squashfs or offer any
other solution to enable a custom network setup.

Regards,

Phil