Debian Live (Was: Debian Logo Use)

On 14/04/08 at 18:54 -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:
> On 04/14/2008 06:20 PM, Will Kaiser wrote:
>> 1) Provide a free installable live cd of Debian Lenny/Sid
>
> Have you considered joining the Debian Live project?
> http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
>
>> 2) Provide an immediately usable copy of Debian with some of the more
>> daunting post-install tasks done already
>> 3) Provide a means to demo Debian as a viable Desktop Linux alternative
>> 4) Give users that would otherwise choose a derivative (like Ubuntu) a
>> good reason not to
>> 5) Do all of this while staying as close to the Debian core and default
>> "desktop" installation as possible
>
> All covered by the Debian Live project.  ;)

While Debian Live is really nice, some things could be improved about
it. Each time I wanted to use it, I ran into an issue that required
going to IRC to ask how to work around the problem (the problem was
always already known).

It would really be a good thing to have tested snapshots (in addition
to the daily builds, which are not guaranteed to work AFAIK), so people
could just download images, write them to an USB stick, and enjoy. We
don't need to have perfectly up-to-date tested snapshots. Updating them
every 2-3 months would clearly be enough.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |