aufs booting troubles

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The boot process hangs here for 5 minutes, and then proceeds on
>  normally.  I am using a custom kernel and testing within qemu; I don't
>  have any idea how to begin to troubleshoot this, or where the fault
>  lies.  If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As far as I can tell, this is normal behavior; the aufs/squashfs
filesystem is getting mounted at this point, and it probably requires
uncompressing the inode table or something like that.  You might test
if this goes faster with the "-noI" or "-noF" options.

On real hardware, although the machine is slower than the one I run
qemu on, this hangs for a significantly shorter amount of time.
Something to consider.

Will