NIC goes up, NIC goes down.

Hi,

I'm trying to setup diskless servers with nfs root.

It boots ok sometimes.
But I very often get eth0 Link down, and then Link up. Then nfs server
not responding, still trying.

I've changed the network cards. I've tried it on three different
boxes. I've tried unionfs and aufs. And I can't get it fixed.
I've tried different switches and different cables.

So I'm thinking this might be a live-initramfs issue?

I'm running etch and installed live-initramfs from backports.
The only change I have made is to /etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/udev

cp /lib/udev/net.agent $DESTDIR/lib/udev/
cp /lib/udev/udev_run_hotplugd $DESTDIR/lib/udev/
cp /lib/udev/write_net_rules $DESTDIR/lib/udev/
cp /lib/udev/udev_run_devd $DESTDIR/lib/udev/

This makes the boot process respect my eth0, eth1 config.

So, I really don't know where to turn.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Chris.