postgresql on live CD

Hi all,

Great work so far. Since I got that far I am in for more. I have the GNUmed
client running now and it connects to a public internet postgresql database.

Our small userbase tells us that they want a local postgresql installation.
Well it is fairly easy to add postgresql and a few more packges to the
packages list. What I need however is a fully configured postgresql
installation along with a GNUmed database.

What is the proper way to do this ? I imagine I could just let the live-helper
install postgresql and replace a few files with the help of a script later ?

I would like to replace the configuration files as well as copy the postgresql
dabase files (var/lib/pgsql/data) which hold a GNUmed database.

Does anyone know if postgresql service is started automatically when
installing postgresql via live-helper.

Any help is appreciated.
--
Sebastian Hilbert