Live-usb with persistence

Hello,

I'm testing live-helper few days ago and I'm blocked on some basic
questions.

Is that possible to create a persistent live-usb without any
manipulation post-build. I mean, after the lh_build it would be great
to obtain an image with persistence.

If I'm wrong on the presence of this on the doc, it would be great on
the URL.

In the second hand, I found the few lines about "initramfs" and
"live-snapshot" which could be an alternative. But I'm unable to create
any image with initramfs either on SID than ETCH with backports. I'm
wrong on something or this is a knew issue ?

thanks

--
Erwan Le Gall