predefine interfaces by MAC with udev?

Hello list,

I believe that live-initramfs and all the initramfs systems of the actual
Debian use udev as the device naming system,
and what we should do is the right rules to put udev working,

analize that decompressing an initrd file

 mkdir initrd
 cd initrd/
 gzip -dc ../chroot/boot/initrd.img-2.6.22-3-686 | cpio -id

we can see how the main init procedure uses udev to detect and name the
devices

Regards,

Jordi Pujol

El Friday 08 February 2008 16:14:04 Chris Fanning va escriure: