persistence and custom kernel

El Sunday 20 January 2008 06:48:47 Santiago Andres Triana va escriure:
> Is this modification after the lh_chroot stage?

what i do here is create my own initramfs version, and install this version
from the beggining,

or also, chrooting to the new system and installing the modified package,
after copy the new initrd.img

sure there are another forms of working with that, but that works for me

> I tried both ways:
>
> I could see after booting the usb stick that the file hostfiles.ext3
> is under live/myhostname but that is all... The actual
> /etc/network/interfaces file in use by the live system is the default
> and not the one within hostfiles.ext3. This also applies to
> live/myfiles.dir
>
> I guess a simple thing to do would be to include a script extracting
> the file needed from hostfiles.ext3 and replace the
> /etc/network/interfaces file. Is this the idea? or is debian-live
> supposed to do this automatically?

could be because squashfs interferes with the other files ?
try a main filesystem without that file,

also take a look at the option ip=frommedia

> I really appreciate your help, thanks!
>
> Santiago

Regards,

Jordi