Re: setting language/keyboard at boot

Bernd Kloss wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I would find it quite comfortable to have a boot-menu that lets you choose
> language and keyboard at boot to have your desktop AND konsoles in your
> keyboard-layout.

I'm sorry, but the current syslinux menu (vesamenu.c32) doesn't scale
enough in order to support that in an usable fashion. you would end up
with a dozen of submenues (layout-a, {layout-a1, {layout-a11, ..},
layout-b, layout-c, layout-d) since you cannot use more than 4 entries
for compatibility reasons (small screens with 640x480, that is).

However, when using vesamenu.c32, you can press 'tab' to type your
keyb/locale settings manually at the bootprompt.

Regards,
Daniel