Re: documentation

Hi,

quick note: please don't hijack threads - if you change the subject,
please start writing a *new* mail rather than replying to a previous
one. by not doing this, your mail gets hidden in the previous thread and
we'll not see it as a new mail (and it also makes reading further
replies to the original thread hard).

MA & HB wrote:
> Has anyone thought of doing a matrix (webpage) that shows the
> hierarchy of all the lh_* files with links to the man page entries,
> maybe a short synopsis of what each lh does and a list of LH_*
> parameters in the script?
>
> I'd volunteer if people thought it was useful .. it would certainly
> help me understand how it all fits together.

the most important thing to do regarding documentation is to write the
manpages first.

Chris has done a nice graphiz script (see contrib/ in the live-helper
sources) to produce a graph of the helpers. once the manpages are done,
one could think of using the graph in a html on the web (or manual), and
link directly to the manpages.

but really, the manpages are imho more important, so it would be very
appreciated if you help there first.

Regards,
Daniel