Re: Testing debian live beta, udev issue

Hi!

First of all: Thanks for your hard work, i appreciate it.

I tested the xfce-iso from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/lenny_live_beta1/ too. Using a Dell Lattitude C840 i had to face strange udev behavior with my two 3c905 (notebook and dockingstation): eth0 was renamed to eth0_something, eth1 got installed, both were not running. Using dhclient, i didn't get connection. Doing rmmod 3c59x, cleaning /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net.rules, modprobe 3c59x, dhclient, resulted in having connection to my network.

For more tests i had no time.

read
Frank