The Debian Live manual (localisation)

Hi,

Chris Lamb <chris at chris-lamb.co.uk> (2008-08-07 15:03:02) :

> Applied, many thanks. Please keep the patches coming! :)

  I have provided internationalisation of the live-manual in this
tree (thanks to Daniel for his help with git):

    git://git.debian.org/git/users/fdl-guest/live-manual.git

  The way to use it is:

    $ make
	works as usual

    $ make translations
	creates the localised versions in $lang repositories thanks to
	po4a

    $ make autobuild
	puts everything (translations including) in the autobuild
	repository. Notice this target introduces a new dependency on
	po4a. I have taken care of the HTML links and documents
	location.

  The configuration file for the translations is the

    po4a/live-manual.cfg

where newly created chapters have to be added according to the
templates provided by the other ones (see also po4a man page).

  The po files to be given to the translators and then updated in the
same place are in the directories:

    po4a/$lang/

  Pitfalls:

    1/ I have enabled the de and fr languages for the example, but not
a single line has been translated yet.   :)

    2/ I am not happy about the not localised date in Makefile (for
sed and index.html.in), but that would require some automatic
correspondance fr -> fr_FR.UTF-8 or de -> de_DE.UTF-8 (instead of
LC_ALL=C) for which I have not found a satisfying solution.

Best regards,
Fr?d?ric