[Patch] Fixes and features about live-initramfs

Steven Shiau wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

a general note: please make our lives easier by sending individual patch
files for each change. this way, merging/applying them is much easier
(most easiest ist though to directly merge from a git tree of yours).

> I modified some in live-initramfs to make it work with
> fetch=tftp://$IP/@FILE

nice. this also requires tftp client to be installed in the initramfs,
though (which i've added in the commit after the merge).

also, your patch was slightly imperfect wrt/ to threatening the [
"${quiet}" != "y" ] stanzas, and you should use '' for sed when not
having variables inside the substitution, not "":

bad: FOO="$(echo ${BAR} | sed "s|foo|bar|")"
good: FOO="$(echo ${BAR} | sed 's|foo|bar|')"

i changed both of these in the commit.

> And about fixes:
> 1. Make the shared libraries in /root/lib and /root/usr/lib can be
> accessed in initramfs

what is the reason/use-case for that? why do we need that?

> 2. In upstart, to run it is using "exec", not "respawn".
> For example, in /etc/event.d/tty1, it's:
> exec /sbin/getty 38400 tty1

still, this won't work in debian. have you tried it? it gives a message
about not having found exec.

> Another minor fix is about using udevsettle or "udevadm settle" in
> scripts/live-helpers.

merged.

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net