How to specify the binary.img size ?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:00:24 +0100
Chris Lamb <chris at chris-lamb.co.uk> wrote:
> (I'm confused about a few things here; why do you need it to be a fixed size?
> Also, why do you need it to be 1G?)
>
> The binary.img already contains partitioning information; you just need to
> "dd" it directly onto the target rather than fitting it on an existing
> peratition.

The problem is that will write a short partition table to the key.  It
would be nice to automatically fix up the partition table after copying
to free up the extra space (or else operate on the key directly,
copying the live partition over and setting up the partition table with
the correct geometry to begin with).  This extra space is useful for
other things, e.g. persistence.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org