Autotesting

Hi All,

I have set up a virtual private server with the autotesting scripts
[1] specifically for debian-live.

1: http://autotesting.livecd.org/debian-live/

These scripts will test some of the images built on the autobuild
server [2][3][4][5].

2: http://live.debian.net/cdimage/
3: http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-live/autotesting.git;a=blob;f=daily.lst;
4: http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-live/autotesting.git;a=blob;f=weekly.lst;
5: http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-live/autotesting.git;a=blob;f=monthly.lst;

The output of the autotesting is a video of the images being booted
via qemu[5] as well a jpeg showing some frames from the video.  A
quick look at the jpeg gives an indication if the images booted
successfully (and can save my poor bandwidth).

5: http://bellard.org/qemu/about.html

At the moment the most successful boots are from the the monthly
builds [6], rather than the weekly[7] or daily build[8].

6: http://autotesting.livecd.org/debian-live/monthly/debian-live-etch-i386-xfce-desktop.iso_Built_2008-04-21_Tested_2008-07-16_.ogg.jpg
7: http://autotesting.livecd.org/debian-live/weekly/debian-live-lenny-i386-xfce-desktop.iso_Built_2008-04-21_Tested_2008-07-16_.ogg.jpg
8: http://autotesting.livecd.org/debian-live/daily/debian-live-sid-i386-xfce-desktop.iso_Built_2008-04-21_Tested_2008-07-15_.ogg.jpg

Ideally I will synchronise the weekly and monthly testing just after
the images are built. I plan to keep available the last four sets of
the daily, weekly and monthly tests.

Kudos to the Morphix [9] project (Hi Alex [10]), during the
Morphest[11] where Jure[12] sparked the idea of automated testing.

9: http://www.morphix.org/
10: http://www.alextreme.org/drupal/?q=about
11: http://www.flickr.com/groups/morphest05/pool/
12: http://www.jurecuhalev.com/blog/about/