Unable to boot debian live lenny and sid i386 on a USB key

Hi,

I don't know if this is a known issue already: I am not able to boot the
standard debian live lenny and sid i386 on a USB key. The kernel (or so
I think) keeps repeating rapidly:

  sda: sda1
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 504832 512-byte hardware sectors (258 MB)
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 504832 512-byte hardware sectors (258 MB)
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through

(See attached photo)

The very same machine will happily boot the standard debian live etch
for i386 and amd64 from the same USB key.

Details on the non-working debian live images:

debian-live-lenny-i386-standard.img
url:
http://live.debian.net/cdimage/lenny-builds/current/i386/debian-live-lenny-i386-standard.img
size: 140509184
md5:  5c20bc7a4d14789148c76775400d58d9

debian-live-sid-i386-standard.img
url:
http://live.debian.net/cdimage/sid-builds/current/i386/debian-live-sid-i386-standard.img
size: 142606336
md5: 5e5ca02b0f3b1497548e064cdefa64c4

I have been interested in debian live since a few months right now. The
live-helpers have allowed me to build my own customized 'rescue' USB key
quiet easily, so I would like to say a big "thank you" for the huge work
and effort to all debian-live developers!

Best regards,

--
Vincent Stehl?