[RFC] The future of LH_BINARY_IMAGES

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 01:10:11PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Chris Lamb <chris at chris-lamb.co.uk> writes:
>
> > If no-one has any major objections or queries I'll go ahead and cleanup the
> > code to assume that LH_BINARY_IMAGES contains a single value.
>
> I do believe that we shouldn't try to support all kinds of use in a
> tool and instead support the simple one. The more complicated use
> scenarios can be done using a layer above the tool (as the code you've
> shown that simulates the multiple image support).
>
> From my POV it ought to be cleaned up and it'll reduce/simplify a bit
> of code.

I posted a while ago a trivial wrapper script to create multiple binary
outputs. The downside is that you have to run lh_clean --binary in
between.

How could I avoid generating the squashfs multiple times? I believe that
the squashfs should be the same with multipl formats. Its generation
probably takes most of the time of the binary stage.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com