HDD installation from Live CD

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I included the Debian installer and used it inside vmware. When finished it
> drops me in a login shell.

if you use 'regular' d-i, then regular d-i is what you get, means, you
end up with the same d-i behaviour as on the debian install cds. so no
surprise there.

> Is there any way to tell it to install exactly
> like on the CD (like GUI , XFCE setup ) ?

if you set LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER=live, then it will use the live-installer
udeb inside d-i, making d-i installing the squashfs to the hd rather
than bootstraping the regular way from .deb packages. however, it is
said that there are still some glitches there and then when using
live-installer, don't expect it working yet but you're encouraged to try
it, and report bugs and send patches.

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net