Local packages names
- Subject: Local packages names
- From: daniel at debian.org (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:25:43 +0200
- Message-id: <47F9F6A7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20080407103244.1758815f@bottle>
- References: <20080407103244.1758815f@bottle>
Erwan Le Gall wrote:
> Any package in chroot_local-packages must be named "package_all.deb" or
that is the correct debian namespace (see policy for reference).
> (for my part, I would prefer that's all packages ".deb" can be
> installed without any name restrictions).
this way, you can have debs for multiple architectures inside one config
> But if someone put a "foobar.deb" in the directory, dpkg will try to
> install "nothing" and will return a "usage". So I purpose this patch
> to warn the users.
which is nice to have, yes. applied, thanks.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net