squashfs antifuckup packages - Failed

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:57:43PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:

<snip>

> to make use of them for *lenny*, do the following:
>
> echo 'deb http://live.debian.net/squashfs-antifuckup/lenny/ ./' > \
> 	config/chroot_sources/squashfs-antifuckup.bootstrap
> echo 'deb http://live.debian.net/squashfs-antifuckup/lenny/ ./' > \
> 	config/chroot_sources/squashfs-antifuckup.binary
>
> gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv FDB8D39A
> gpg --armor --export FDB8D39A > \
> 	config/chroot_sources/squashfs-antifuckup.bootstrap.gpg
> gpg --armor --export FDB8D39A > \
> 	config/chroot_sources/squashfs-antifuckup.binary.gpg

I must have done something wrong, but what?

My system is pure lenny with a linux-image-2.6.22-3-amd64 kernel.
Ran apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
Created a directory usbgnome and cd'd to this directory
Ran lh_config -b usb-hdd -d lenny -p gnome-desktop
Followed the directions given above
Ran lh_build which created a binary.img
Ran dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sdb
Boot from memory stick started normally but aborted after the line
squashfs: version 3.2-r2 (2007/01/15) Phillip Lougher
with a busybox message
/bin/sh: can't access tty

Clearly not the antifuckup version

Checked the contents of the files in /usbgnome/config/chroot_sources
Both squashfs-antifuckup.bootstrap and squashfs-antifuckup.binary
contain exactly the line in quotes in the instructions.

Tom George

<snip>