Problem with running the image

Yep, I can confirm you: with the current version of squashfs-tools in lenny
(1:3.3-3) you get Debian Live images that fail to boot. The squashfs
filesystem cannot be mounted, and you are dropped into BusyBux.

See Debian bug 465874 I filed about this...

Keep watching this page:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/squashfs-tools

... until there is a new version of squashfs-tools in lenny :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre Bauduin
Linux enthusiast since 1996