ctrl-alt-f2 does not get prompt
- Subject: ctrl-alt-f2 does not get prompt
- From: daniel at debian.org (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:06:01 +0100
- Message-id: <47A6E389.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <1202074850.25411.5.camel@localhost>
- References: <1202074850.25411.5.camel@localhost>
Tim Richardson wrote:
> I saw those posts already. I don't understand something, I guess.
> I am building the image on a machine running sid.
> user-setup is not a dependency of live-helper, but after reading those
> posts I installed it anyway.
first, the host distribution doesn't matter at all. we are speaking of
the distributin you are *building*.
user-setup is used at runtime to create the user account, that is why
user-setup has to be installed in the chroot (and why it's useless to
install it on your host distribution).
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email: daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net