persistence and custom kernel

Hi Jordi (and list)

I will try your instructions.

My most immediate problem though is persistence. And I have some questions:

1. Is the disk (where the persistence file is written) supposed to have a
particular label? what if it is a usb stick partition... or a NFS
filesystem?

2. Are the labels different if the live-snapshot script is used?

3. Are you supposed to do something in particular to recover the modified
system after a reboot or is it automatic when using live-snapshot?

I would not need the persistence feature if I had enough knowledge to
include my own /etc/network/interfaces file and other things. I wish there
was some documentation about this...

Infinite thanks!

Santiago