If usb-hdd image larger than 2000MB aufs gets trouble (for me)

Hi

I have done some tests with doing a customized partitiontable in
lh_binary_usb-hdd, but I got trouble when aufs starts if I have an image
over 2000MB.

The usb-hdd image boots nice, but when reaching

Begin: Mounting root file system... ...
aufs 20070924
loop: module loaded
squashfs: version 3.2-r2 (2007/01/15) Phillip Lougher
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda1: rw=0, want=198357, limit=197265
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda1: rw=0, want=198357, limit=197265
SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failing reading block 0x1545d
SQUASHFS error: unable to read uid/gid table

This for an 4000MB image.

First I have an usb-hdd image that I know boots all good. That one is
101M and and have exactly
a 196607 sectors FAT16 partition size
(the working image is built from the lh_binary_usb-hdd parted script
that says:
parted mkpartfs primary fat16 0.0 100%

Then with the same config I do a lh_binary
and build my custom stick/image

But for this custom image I use parted myself and the same size 101M .
For this its:
parted mkpartfs primary fat16 0 101

(the rest of the parted stuff is the same)

Except for the size of the image. If the image is up to 2000MB it is
working but above I get this error. For example with
an 2000MB image the fat16 partition get the size 197265 sectors and it
works, but with 3000MB and 4000MB I have the  same sector size its still
197265 sectors.

But now the above mentioned error starts and the "access beyond end of
device" offsets is getting larger if the image is larger.
For 4000MB its 198357 sectors 1092 sectors diff  (the case shown above)
For 3000MB its 198233 sectors. 968 sectors diff

Huh ?

I think that an fat16 partition maximum is 2000MB but in this case its
just the image that is bigger not the fat16 partition at all. Is there
some hardcoding with aufs that I have missed ?

Anyone having a clue.

regards
//Peter

--