add files to the live filesystem according to the MAC number

El Saturday 10 November 2007 16:26:10 Daniel Baumann va escriure:
> Jordi Pujol wrote:
> > live-path/filesystem.squashfs
> > live-path/001122334455/filetoappend.ext3
>
> nice, merged, thanks a lot.
>
> i'll generealize it later a bit, so that it can also be an IP or a
> hostname instead of the mac, whereas the priority would be mac > ip >
> hostname.

Daniel,

right, good idea,

The MAC detection works well with the Debian kernel, but observe this in
Ubuntu Gutsy,
his kernel loads the network card modules after running the initial scripts,
and the MAC is not detected.

in Ubuntu Gutsy there are also other problems, in example, aufs-source does
not compile with the current kernel, I think because that kernel includes
some obsolete patches.
well, I'll continue using a pure Debian Live OS.

Best Regards,

Jordi Pujol