DEBIAN_INSTALLER

On Friday 02 November 2007, Hubert Talbot wrote:

> I would like to know how to install Debian on machine with no CD-ROM
> device and no floppy from image (usb-hdd) built with live-helper.

I did an installation like that a while ago by putting the netinstall ISO
image on a flash stick. The first stick I tried failed, no matter what I
tried, but the second one worked fine. In the BIOS, I had to enable booting
from floppy to make the PC boot from USB (I don't know why, but that did
the trick).

Instructions are here:
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s04.html.en

Bye,