Console on serial line

The DEFCON_F_SOLE bug was fixed in *live-initramfs* version 1.110.3-1
 http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/live-initramfs/news/20071029T120202Z.html
That was uploaded to unstable 29 Oct 2007

Either:
(1) install that live-initramfs in your _chroot_ and rebuild the
binary boot image... (in your case just the initramfs needs to be
rebuilt)
or
(2) edit [chroot]/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live to fix the
typo and rebuild the binary.
or
(3) rebuild USB image for UNSTABLE today

Good luck
Alex