Works, was: HELP! Still cannot build USB image

hi list,

now I am back reporting success (kind of). I actually succeeded in
building a lenny image that boots off stick ok. Thank you all for your
assistance.

This is what I found on the way. Please consider this a kind of
inofficial bug report from someone outside, you might or course already
know all of this.

lh_config -d etch -b usb-hdd
lh_build

"memtest" works, "live" doesn't with
"Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Could not find kernel image: linux
boot:"

lh_config -d lenny -b usb-hdd --union-filesystem aufs
lh_build

-> "can't access tty"

lh_config -d lenny -b usb-hdd --union-filesystem aufs
+ modification of LH_LINUX_PACKAGES
lh_build

works.

It would be nice, to have some information about what works and what
doesn't in the wiki at least. It took me several hours and your help
(thanks again) to figure that out. If someone without deeper linux
knowledge comes along he will certainly get discouraged by the current
state and will never come back again (not that this was special to
live-helper)

If wanted I will write a sum up of what steps to follow to successfully
boot an image from usb-hdd, which could go to the wiki. Such
information, however, must be maintained, otherwise its useless or even
obstructive.

/eno