Can't Access TTY

Hi,

I read through some of the archives that google found, but I didn't see an
answer to this particular issue -- most of the articles dealt with issues
under qemu and preexisting live cds. I should mention that most of this
stuff is very new to me, so I might have missed it.

During the boot process from a livecd I built from live-helper, I get pushed
into BusyBox with the error "/bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turned
off". Then I'm in a prompt that says (initramfs). I've tried a few different
pcs and configurations and they all get the same results. I've tried running
isos on VM Ware as well as burning them to cds.

One thing they all share in common, apart from giving me this prompt, is
that they all give an "I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0". One machine gave
multiple I/O errors about the floppy disk even though it only has one floppy
drive.

tty gets me /dev/console.

I did read something about adding "modprobe ide-generic" before the
live-initramfs boot script fixing the issue with qemu. Is it possible to add
this to my live-helper build?

This may be unrelated, but I logged the build process (looking for any
potential issues) and one thing I noticed is that it couldn't find a package
named "unionfs-modules-2.6-486". I looked in packages.debian.org and
couldn't find it there either. Am I missing a repository for it or need to
perform a manual update of some kind? I did manually make the changes to
defaults.sh that happened yesterday, but apart from that, I just pulled the
package from testing. My machine performing the builds is running on etch.

I'm essentially running:
lh_config -p xfce -d lenny -a i386 -sections "main contrib non-free"
--apt-recommends disabled --syslinux-timeout 1
lh_build

I also add some packages for games, the fglrx-driver package, and an video
driver hook that should run when the system boots (if it ever gets that
far).

Thanks,
Brad Davis