d-l and quieting $APT

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 10:35:39AM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there any way to make apt/aptitude quiet?  d-l does lots of
cdebootstrap supports --quiet [0]; it's implemented essentially by
filtering the output.  So it seems the best way really may be to use
grep or such, but preserve the exit status.  I guess the filter I'm
using is okay, but could perhaps be better integrated.

Again, someone just pointed out the "moreutils" package which includes
a tool for piping with exit status of the first command.

Justin

[0] Which, with my patch, is used by d-l, lh_config --quiet.