USB system with modified kernel and minimal software

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:13:40AM -0600, Rene Sonderegger wrote:

> I did not see any information about downloading lh_helper scripts, so I
> followed the information at
> http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/05/31/create-your-own-live-linux-cd-or-usb-distribution.
> This was the reason for my outdated version.
I see.

> No binary image file is created when I try to include the modified kernel.
> I followed Daniel's suggestions and in an empty directory I did the
> following:
> lh_config -d etch -b usb-hdd -p minimal --linux-packages "none"
> cp /usr/src/linux-image-2.6.20.19-rt_1_i386.deb config/chroot_local-packages
Are you sure this has the modules for squashfs and either aufs or
unionfs (depending on and consistent with the livehelper settings)?

> lh_build 2>&1 | tee log
>
> In the log file, no error seems to indicate a problem. Does anyone have any
> suggestion?
The following might help find errors:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-August/002108.html

Justin